Get ready for Waitomo’s most concentrated day of action!
This 4-hour caving expedition packs a lot! You’ll encounter abseils (often in waterfalls), rock climbs, unique limestone formations and get up close to glowworms while exploring this fantastic cave system. New Zealand’s famous glowworms make an appearance – see them up close & personal. There’s no swimming required but you’re definitely going to get wet. This trip is not for the faint hearted. Participants are brave & fit but, you don’t need any prior experience. Full equipment and training is provided. There is a high guide ratio and your safety is assured. If you want a quick fix of adrenaline & lots of fun – this is it!
Waitomo Adventures is 2 hours west of Rotorua
140km west of Rotorua
TLS departures from Rotorua I-Site: 7.30am
Arrives at Waitomo Adventures Base at 9.30am
TLS leaves Waitomo at approx. 3pm
- Return transport & activity: $460
- Child: N/A – Must be 10 years or over, under 15 years must be with an adult caretaker
- Return transport only: $145
- Child transport only: half price
- Waitomo Adventures has its own transport to the cave
- You will need to bring swimwear, long thick socks (suitable for bush walking), a towel & toiletries for a hot shower afterwards. Change facilities are available on site.
- It doesn’t matter if it’s raining for this adventure.