Arguably, the most spectacular abseil in the world!
The abseil (rappel) descent takes around 20 minutes
of the total 4 hours required.
Abseil slowly alongside your instructor who although on a separate rope provides information, reassurance …and a backup safety tether.
Imagine free hanging in this massive void…bouncing a bit & turning because of the sheer length of the rope. It feels like you’re descending into the bowels of some gigantic prehistoric beast…a sensory feast. One guide looks after up to 4 people – who all make their unforgettable descent together down through the surreal mists and eventually landing in the base of this massive cavern.
Once down, catch your breath, because this is actually just the beginning – there’s a lot more to do and see and you explore the massive vaults – See excellent glowworms; gigantic flowstone formations; massive caverns.
Waitomo Adventures is 2 hours west of Rotorua
140km west of Rotorua
TLS departures from Rotorua I-Site: 7.30am
Arrives at Waitomo Adventures Base at 9.30am
TLS leaves Waitomo at approx. 3pm
- Return transport & activity: $460
- Child: N/A – Must be 10 years or over, under 15 years must be with an adult caretaker
- Return transport only: $145
- Child transport only: half price
- Waitomo Adventures has its own transport to the cave
- You will need to bring loose fitting, comfortable adventure clothing (NOT Jeans) and long thick socks (suitable for bush walking). Change facilities are available on site.
- It doesn’t matter if it’s raining for this adventure.
Bookings can be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to departure with no charge.
Bookings cancelled between 24 and 48 hours before the departure time will be charged 50%.
There will be no refunds within 24 hours of departure unless the Operator cancels the activity due circumstance outside of Thermal Shuttles control.